Friday, August 15, 2014

If I Stay (If I Stay #1)

Hello Luvlies!



Publisher: Penguin Young Readers
Author: Gayle Forman
Pages: 320
Publication Date: April 6, 2010



    With all of the hype for this movie it felt fitting to write a review for it. Not to mention that the book was amazing!

    On a normal day life for Mia is changed in an instant. One car ride with her family changes everything. Sending her into critical care and forcing decisions upon her that she feels she is unable to make. Does she stay true to her first love of music and leave her beloved Adam behind? Will she choose to stay or to let go?




    If I Stay is one of those books that really forced me to look at life in a new perspective. It made me more grateful for the family and friends that I have. In a way I also understand what she is going through, because I have been there and I feel like I can really relate to Mia. I found that most of the book was flashbacks of her life while she tried to make the most important decision of her life, to stay or to go? Because of these flashbacks I was able to really fall in love with her family as well as Adam. 

   Oh, Adam! *blushes* Gayle Forman really hit the nail on the head with him, she found that delicate balance in any written relationship that is not cliche but romantic. I find that many authors today find the cliche end of the stick and never quite get it right, which was refreshing to read the romantic end of the stick in If I Stay. Over all I highly recommend this tear jerker. Though it may be a older read because of some strong language.

Cupcake rating:




*As always all opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions*

Leave comments about what you thought of this review and the book or, what YOU think I should review next!
Much love!






No comments:

Post a Comment