Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Body Finder (The Body Finder #1)

Hello Luvlies!


Publisher: Harper Collins
Author: Kimberly Derting
Pages: 338
Publication Date: February 15, 2011



    Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues, Jay Hearton and her morbid "special ability." While the sixteen year old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood she is more frightened of her ability. Violet can sense dead bodies, rather the ones who have been murdered. Since she was a little girl she has been able to sense the echos of the dead left behind, and the imprints that attach to their killers. She never really considered her talent to be a gift. All she would find were dead birds left behind form her cat. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing the town Violet is finding the imprints of the victim's and she soon realizes she may be the only one who can stop the killer. Despite Jay's
protectiveness over Violet he reluctantly agrees to helping her find the killer. While Violet searches for  a killer she soon finds herself falling in love and hoping that Jay's intentions are more than friendly. All the while getting closer than she realized to the killer.

    To start off, I LOVE THIS BOOK. This is a four book series that I found all to be absolutely glorious! The series is still and has been for quite a long time my favorite books aside form the Beautiful Creatures and Everneath series. But I am partial to the first book. You may be thinking "oh boy, another psychic book."  But I promise you this one is different. Not only is this book really really good but it is told at times from the POV (point of view) of the serial killer. This was really unsettling and creepy but I still really enjoyed the chapters from that point of view. To be able to get inside of the killers head was interesting but sickening at the same. Seeing how it all was executed made me want to kill the killer through the pages. (punny laughing)

    To flip to the other side of the story, I loved how Derting incorporated Jay. *Oh Jay! kisses book cover* I want my own Jay! He is so sweet and hunkie, oh my. But no in all seriousness I really liked his charter. Jay and Violet seamed to be a perfect fit in they way they handled things in the intense situations they were put in. They are definitely my favorite fictional couple. I loved the plot of the book and how the killer worked through it as well. This is one of the few books I will re-read for years and I highly recommend it to everyone on the planet!

Cupcake rating:






* As always all opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*

Leave comments about what you thought of this book, the review or what YOU think I should review next!
Much love!




No comments:

Post a Comment