Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Vitro (Corpus #2)

Hello Luvlies!



Publisher: Razorbill (Penguin Publishing)
Author: Jessica Khoury
Pages: 384
Published Date: January 14, 2014
   


 

    Vitro takes place on a remote island in the Pacific, this island is called Skin Island. Corpus scientists have taken embryos and given them life, creating beings that are, called Vitros, Vitros have abilities that most humans can only dream of, though they also have one enormous flaw. Sophie Crue is determined to get to the island to find her mother who had sent her a frantic email saying that she needed Sophie to come to her urgently. On her way she meets a pilot willing to take her when no others would dare to go to the island, who turns out to be her best childhood friend, Jim Julien. Upon arrival she discovers the culmination of Corpus's dangerous research, she has a Vitro twin named Lux. Soon Sophie and Jim will habe to find out what happens when science stretches to far beyond its reach.


    Let me just say I really enjoyed Origin which is what lead me to reading Vitro. This book was a huge disappointment in my eyes. I don't know if I was expecting more or what but I just found that I was constantly torn between liking it and hating it, it started of promising but I found that it declined very quickly and it had the tendency to over use certain words towards the end, such as psychopath and psychopathy. There were many times when I felt that it could of ended well before the actual end of the book. I did even notice a mess up in the book:

"She still didn't look Moria, but rather at the spot just over her shoulder." pg, 270

    I believe that is should of been written as,

"She still didn't look AT  Moria, but rather at the spot just over her shoulder."

    Even the "bad guy" was the run of the mill bad guy which was very boring and did not amount to much in the end. And that surprises that were supposed to leave you in awe were to be expected. In total I do recommend this book to younger readers under the age of 13.

Cupcake rating:




*As always all opinions are my own and do not apply to others. I am open to other opinions.*

Leave comments about what you thought of this review, the book or what you think I should review next!
Much love!






No comments:

Post a Comment