Thursday, July 10, 2014

Divergent (Divergent #1)

Hello luvlies!


Publisher: Harper Collins
Author: Veronica Roth 
Pages: 487
Publication Date: April 25, 2011



  In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to cultivation of a virtue-- Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day every year all the sixteen-year-olds must select the faction in which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she cant have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself. 

    During the highly intensive and competitive interaction that follows Beatrice renames herself,
Triss and struggles alongside her fellow imitates to live out the choice they have made. Tougher they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological stimulations, some with devastating consequences. A initiation transforms them all, Triss must determine who her friends really are-- and where, exactly a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Triss also has a secret.  One she;s kept hidden from everyone, because shes been warned it will mean death. She soon learns her secret may help save the ones she loves but it also mite destroy her.

    I really enjoyed Divergent,  partly because it was the first real dystopian series I had read at the time.  I really enjoyed her writing style and how she had the characters interact in the crazy situations that she so lovingly put them in (haha).  Being that I read this a while ago I really don't remember any negative parts,  I pretty much enjoyed all of it. I loved the development of the characters and the deepness to Tobias at times. This book was filled with so many things that kept my mins constantly entertained and always wondering what was around the corner. It had a lot of meat so to speak. Over all I would highly recommend this book,  more so than the other two in the series.

Cupcake rating:





*As always my opinion is my own and does not apply to others. I am open to other options.*

Leave comments about what you thought of this review, the book or what YOU think I should review next!
much love!



No comments:

Post a Comment