Sunday, May 17, 2015

Leeway

Hello Luvlies!

Publisher: Mirador Publishing
Pages:161
Publication date: February 18, 2015






"Ye know sometimes people wanna tell ye how they feel, but they can't?"
"Why not?" I asked sadly
"Because they are afraid of what ye think about them."
"When you love someone you should be able to say anything. No matter what."
"Yeah, that's the theory..."
    What happens when a very young and charismatic pirate captain meets an unbelievably annoying and bitchy princess?
All hell breaks loose! Captain Leon loves the sea and the life he built for himself. No rules. At least he did before he ended up with the youngest daughter of the King on his beloved ship, which couldn't be more problematic. Everyone knows a that a girl on board of a pirate's ship is bad luck!
    Now he has to figure out how to get rid of her as soon as possible without incurring the Kings wrath on him and his crew. Easier said than done. While facing one heated argument after another with the royal pain in the ass, it turns out the captain and the princess have more in common than they would like to admit.
    As both their lives start to fall apart they see themselves making choices that could change their lives forever. 

    First off I would like to thank the awesome Colleen Caitin for sending me Leeway! It was a pleasure to work with her (seriously, she was so sweet to send me a physical copy of her book!) Throughout the book, I found myself having to take a break every now and then, I'm not sure what it was exactly, but I wasn't able to connect with the over all story as much as I had hoped I would be able to. I really liked the concept of the book though, it made for a good turn around for me and it kept me pushing through the pages for a while. 

    Lian was possibly one of the most, well, I don't even have a word for him. Rude? Jerk-ish? characters I have happened upon in a long time. He was very full of himself which I think really made him, well him. It was certainly enjoyable, to a point. Eventually he softened up which made him sweet in his own way. Since he was a pirate he had certain 'pirate slang' that seemed to fit with his stance well. Though he collaborated a bit of modern 'slang' which made it a bit off at times. 

    I just love the name Mila, It really suited the book well and did justice as a princesses name. Mila was very stubborn and full of herself at times, which was exactly how I hoped she would be. She really had the princess persona that screamed "It's all about me!" Most of the time I enjoyed her POV more than Lian's. Maybe it was because I felt bad for her, having to deal with all the smelly pirates. (lol)

    I really liked the concept of the book, but like I said, I wasn't entirely engrossed in the story as much as I had hoped. One thing I loved was the fabulous word choices Colleen Caitin used. Some of these words include; kamikaze and blimey. In the end it was a sweet love story which doesn't follow your normal romance novel. Thanks again to Colleen Caitin, make sure to check out her awesome website here!

Cupcake rating:






*All opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*

As always leave comments about what you thought of the book, this review, or what YOU think I should review next!
Much love,




No comments:

Post a Comment